2009年2月11日 星期三

Pamela's Nature Box - Nature Cooking Resources 食在自然

Dear goldies,

It is unfortunate that I will miss the book reading gathering this weekend, as I would like to start the year by sharing and giving you all a book I’ve very much enjoyed. Like Trini, I normally do not appreciate books related to eating healthy, vegetarian and organic foods, but I quite enjoyed this one.

The writer is a good friend of my younger bother, in which she and her husband run a happiness farm”. At first sight, I was attracted by its nice photography and quality of paper. After reading it, I found it very intriguing. I like the style of her writing, by using very cute, causal and freehand words. It is much different than traditional recipe books because it emphasizes simple cooking without the need of “scale” to measure all materials. There are no certain standard forms of cooking, and there are many creative ideas in this book. The best thing is to teach us that cooking can be fun and easy. There are many nature cooking resources available to us. With the great tasting recipes inside the book, we can fully use on-season vegetables to make delicious meals. My bother has tried many dishes at her farm and highly recommends others to join the fun.

Not only is this a recipe book but also a prose book. I am touched by her strong passion, respect to nature’s offering, and desire to live with a happy spirit. No wonder she names her farm “The Happiness Farm”. I cannot wait to visit it.

Ladies, I hope you enjoy the book as much as I do. We should all head out to “The Happiness Farm” one day and take the time to eat meals full of love and enjoy nature’s blessings.

Pamela

2 則留言:

  1. Dear Pamela,

    Can't say how grateful I am to receive this book. I believe I am the one who needs it most due to my bad eating habit. What a pity that you can't join the reading gathering this time. I'll put all goldies sharing on the blog for your reference. Don't forget to share with us your life abroad, too. We will embrace you with open arms when you come back. Remember there is a more challenging outing waiting for you.

    Trini

    回覆刪除
  2. Dear Pam,

    Like you, I was overwhelmed by the quality of the book. The photo of the dinner table in the sun on the cover reminds me of the good eating life style of Tuscans. How nice it is to know that the joy of simple, slow, and nature eating is also on our dinner tables in Taiwan.

    Thank you for introducing to me the perfect book to start the book club of Hsin-tien volunteers. When housewives are equipped with the knowledge of good eating habits, not only can they bring health, but they also bring happiness to the family members.

    The recipes in the book are superb. I propose every golden lady picks up her favorite dish and let's spend a day on Leslie's family farm in Hsin-tien, while reading and enjoying eating in and with the nature when you and Leslie are in town.

    Cheers,
    Sherry

    回覆刪除